Airgun-Tec Heading
For all airgunners
AIRGUN-TEC
April 17, 2014, 02:32:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT Please note that this site will be moving shortly to   http://www.airgun-tec.co.uk  could all members register there as soon as possible   The Admin

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

BSA Super sport trigger assembly (problem )

+- Members Online
1 Guest, 0 Users

To all new members

To all new potential members.

Please note that Gmail and Hotmail email addresses Will not always be responded to.

This is a glitch in the programming by Microsoft with these type of forums.

PLEASE TRY TO AVOID USING THESE TYPES OF EMAIL ACCOUNTS WHEN REGISTERING.

If this is not possible or you have any problems with your verification email. Please contact one of the Admin or Mods.

admin@airgun-tec.co.uk

(this message box is only visible by guests and will not show once you join the forum)
(There are also many other boards that cannot be seen untill joining)

Thanks The Management.

+- Round 5 of the Airgun-tec Summer email target shooting competitions

Right people time to get your trigger fingers working again.
The fifth round of the 2010 Summer air rifle and air pistol Airgun-tec email competitions started on July 01st. You have until 23.59hrs G.M.T on August 07th to get your targets shot and emailed in. REMEMBER, IF YOU DON'T USE IT YOU LOSE IT (RULE 9).
Please see the relivant posts in the target sections.
Good luck and may the best person win.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BSA Super sport trigger assembly (problem )  (Read 2003 times)
senna
Apprentice

Postal Town: cwmbran

« on: May 24, 2010, 11:44:18 am »

Hello,,
I am new to the forum, Based in south wales, We have a Bsa Supersport which had a recent problem with the cocking of the Gun, in that it was stiff and difficult, as it is out of warranty, and stripped air guns before for new spring mainly, took the stock off and thought the problem was in the trigger assembly, took the trigger out, and could see nothing wrong, then removed the main spring, which was broken and so was the spring Guide ( i think you call it ) The problem is now as time has gone by, i am having problems remembering how the trigger assembly goes back together,  The spring that goes on and looks like it sit's on  the sear locating lugs, i think we have that correct, then there is the other small square type spring which not sure where that locates, we have tried several variations of putting it back together without any joy, here are some pictures of the sear spring which i think is right? and the reason have shown the side angle pic's is for the pin locations as i notice not all the pin hole are used, as I did some searching and found a review by Cinstone (thanks again chris for your advice) Any Good advice would be welcome, Regards Senna

Report Spam   Logged
Airsporter99
Global Moderator
Senior Mechanic

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:35:47 pm »

Hello senna. Welcome to the forum 
Have you looked at the Chambers diagram for guidance? Here's the link:
http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=24314&cat=Supersport
Best of luck 
Steve
Report Spam   Logged
senna
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:52:12 pm »

Hi Steve,
Just had a look, it looks like you can see the order of things, i will blow up the picture and have another go at rebuilding the trigger assembly,  starting to grasp at straws now if no more help, hopefully have a bit of luck with the chambers view, Thanks again Dave,
Report Spam   Logged
senna
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:29:14 pm »

Hi Steve, UPDATE
The gun is still in bits, Litts i know they are called by some other name but can't remember it, but you know who i'm talking about, they were interested in only supplying the main spring, not interested in fitting anything, and any other parts to get from BSA, Bsa said go through litts to my son, so i phoned BSA and the guy there said no problem buy direct from them? any way that was approx 24 may, asked for some information on how the trigger assembly goes together i sent them pictures of where we are at in the rebuild of the one spring (sear ) which i think we have fitted correct, and to correct me if it is wrong, and i needed help regarding the fitting of the trigger spring, no email or contact phoned again and told it has been passed onto the technical side, so i ordered the main spring, main spring guide, and spare sear spring and trigger spring, monday hope it is here tomorrow,
they said if you have not had a reply off technical by the time i have the parts, to ring them and they will put me in touch with technical, so fingers crossed it will be back together by the weekend,
                              Regards Dave.
Report Spam   Logged
cinstone
A.A.O.C 2009 summer spring 10m target shooting champion.
Administrator
Leading Engineer

Postal Town: Stourbridge

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 11:59:42 pm »

Senna, can you get to Furnace Mill this Sunday? I will have my Supersport with me. You can get it out of the stock and have a look.

Chris.
Report Spam   Logged

Me en route to Furnace Mill This flag is for life, not for football!Airgun-Tec.Com. Don't Just join. Join In!
RANCiDTOM
Swindon & District A.R.L Vernon Minns Trophy, winner 2009/10. Airgun-Tec.com 2009/2010 Winter League Air Rifle Champion.
Global Moderator
Technician

Postal Town: Swindon

New specs!

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 01:02:30 am »

I've just done a tuning job on a Lightning XL which has an identical trigger assembly to your Supersport.
For purposes of identification of parts I'll refer to the part numbers as quoted on this diagram: http://www.gunspares.co.uk/showcatimage.asp?id=24314 borrowed from Chambers site!
Firstly I don't think you needed to order any new trigger parts as those in your photos look in good serviceable condition. Shame but now you have some spares just in case of future problems.
Secondly, you can't really put the trigger together without the piston has been refitted and it's far easier to fit the spring and spring guide without the sear in the way.
When your piston, spring, guide, cocking linkage and crosspin (DP108) are refitted ( I assume you have a spring compressor or a patient trustworthy mate who weighs enough) refit the sear (SR028) and the largest diameter parallel pin DP027. The "waisted" pin is DP047, which is fitted later.
Fit CS164 the sear spring as you have fitted it in the above photo using one of the short dowel pins DP028 (there are 2 identical length and diameter) through the front holes of the trigger housing.
Next assemble the trigger blade and trigger sear (TR033 and TR032) and fit these between the sides of the trigger housing, retain them with another DP028 through the lower pair of holes in the trigger housing.
The spring CS163 is now fitted, the "crossbar" engages with the trigger sear in the square corner where the trigger adjusting screw (C1055) pokes through, it's best to wind it out a bit, until the screw is no longer visible in the square inside corner of TR032. The knee shaped angle of the spring points upwards as the rifle is lying on it's back on the bench.
Take the longer of the small diameter dowel pins (DP045) and thread it through one side of the holes behind the holes with the first DP208 through. Catch the loop of that side of the CS163 spring on the pin, push the pin just far enough to almost catch the "tongue" of CS164. Now you need to press down with a small screwdriver on the tongue until the pin can be pushed across it, then align the other loop of CS163 and push the pin through. The pin is "too long" but the excess should be left protruding at the safety catch side or the stock won't fit.
Now the trigger sear needs to be pushed slightly forward and the waisted pin DP047 fitted behind it to keep the sear from falling out of engagement.
Simple if you have 4 hands!
Apply a few drops of oil and check the safety catch moves, then refit the action in the stock and see if it cocks. It's not a good idea to try to cock the action out of the stock as there is a cocking linkage guide in the stock.
I think I've remembered it all in the right order, I'll try to answer any questions if you don't understand what I've said.
Don't swear at me when the springs fly across the workshop!  
RT
Report Spam   Logged

Eh up! Turned out nice again!
RANCiDTOM
Swindon & District A.R.L Vernon Minns Trophy, winner 2009/10. Airgun-Tec.com 2009/2010 Winter League Air Rifle Champion.
Global Moderator
Technician

New specs!

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 01:03:34 am »

I should be at Furnace Mill too if you want a pointer or two at Chris's gun.
RT
Report Spam   Logged

cinstone
Administrator
Leading Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 10:14:53 am »

That's good stuff Tom. Far better than I could decribe. The last time I fiddled with a Lightning trigger there was blood everywhere. My thumb nail is still recovering!

Chris.
Report Spam   Logged

Me en route to Furnace Mill This flag is for life, not for football!Airgun-Tec.Com. Don't Just join. Join In!
RANCiDTOM
Global Moderator
Technician

New specs!

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 12:00:41 pm »

This is why I suggest 4 hands for the job, one to bleed, one to hold the arteries and the other 2 to apply the plaster... I take no responsibility for screwdrivers stuck in places they shouldn't be!
RT
Report Spam   Logged

cinstone
Administrator
Leading Engineer

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 12:20:40 pm »

OO err mrs!

Chris.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: